We would love you to watch the clip above and get a look at the extraordinary things God did in and through Hope Valley in 2016.
Our theme for 2016 was #GrowingUp and these were our 3 main goals.
- To be in a position to buy this church property as Hope Valley’s ‘Home for Good’
- To be financially stable enough to increase staffing for 2017
- Maintain 20% Church growth across all areas of Church life.
Our guiding verse for 2106 came from Ephesians 4:14-16 (MSG)
Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
How Hope Valley Grew Up in 2016
- Services Growth
- Sunday Attendance up 15% on 2015
- Easter gatherings served over 300 people, Mothers Day over 180 people, Church at the Chapel over 140 people, Christmas gatherings served over 550 people
- Prayer Requests over 340
- Life Groups grew 40% now up to 14 groups across our town
- Water Baptisms x 6
- Leadership Growth
- Our highest ever attendance over the 4 ACC Hunter District events plus our volunteers took on other PD opportunities throughout the year. We had a high level of attendance at our weekly staff meetings where we studied leadership development books together.
- Hope Valley College remained healthy in 2016 with 5 students studying at Alphacrucis.
- 2 new pastors were credentialed as ‘provisional ministers’ this year and now we have 4 Pastors here at Hope Valley.
- 2017 we will have 6 part time Hope Valley employees and 8 Creative Academy staff members.
- Community Growth
- Customer Service Awards x 6 nominees
- Work For The Dole started with 13 participants and 4 Community Volunteers
- Valley Kids Summits x 3 reaching 200 kids with the love and message of Jesus. About 60 of those kids made a commitment to follow Jesus.
- The Front Room has had well over 5000 people engage with its’ services in 2016 (this is in addition to our regular church activities and the Creative Academy.
- 30 Years of Hope
- Party in The Park and Gala Dinner
- Hope Valley Creative Academy
- 0 – 170 in 2016 and held their first Showcase at Cessnock Performing Arts Centre. Our vision to be a regional academy.
- Academy testimonials were very encouraging:
Dear Kate and staff, Your Sunday afternoon performance was extremely well organised and entertaining. My quiet shy child proudly got up to speak confidently, in front of many, many people. I applaud you for this. The Hope Valley Staff are harmonious not only in song but the way they work together. Congratulations on a successful afternoon.
Dear Rachel & Luke,
We were so sorry to have missed out on the wonderful day you organised for yesterday at the CPAC. My husband’s parents told us the afternoon was great 🌟 We just wanted to say how amazing you guys are along with all of the wonderful people put together who make Hope Valley absolutely wonderful.
My son looks forward to Tuesday afternoons so much each week and we love seeing his enthusiasm to attend and learn. His little brother is also excited at the prospect of attending next year too when he transitions into Kindergarten.
Thank you for the love, care and special attention that is given to every child who attends.
We truly appreciate it 😊